Krabi 3 : KL to Krabi

11:27:00 AM

The husband planned an impromptu trip for us to go to Krabi before he started to work at his new law firm. After one year of not going anywhere for a holiday, we finally managed to take some time off from our hectic schedule to just go somewhere, just us two. We both knew that once we both started working, it would be hard to sync our schedules to take a holiday, so if we were going to go on a holiday it had to be before we started working.

This post is a continuation of my Krabi Escapades posts: Escapades : Krabi 1 and Krabi 2 : Four Years of Riding the Waves.

I have always wanted to go to Thailand and I heard from a lot of my friends who have been to Krabi, in particular, that the place is awesome. I did not know what to expect, except that there are beautiful beaches over there. And I like beaches.

I discovered a lot of amazing stuffs on this trip and I am going to blog about it, and divide it into a few different posts because there are just too many things to share here.

So anyway, it was the first time we went to KLIA 2. I quite like it. At least I prefer it to LCCT hehe. It really is like one huge shopping mall.

When we arrived at KLIA2, there was a mix-up which led to us not being able to board our flight. We had already checked- in using mobile check in and was waiting in line to drop off our luggage. I think there were 3-4 people in front of us. When it came to our turn, suddenly the lady said that the luggage check-in was already closed. We were shocked, as the ticket clearly said we had to be there 45 minutes before. The lady then dismissed us saying the luggage check-in closes 1 hour before. We told her that we arrived much earlier than that, and have been waiting in line. And we asked her why the tickets stated to be here 45 minutes before.

She just shooed us away, closed the counter, and left. Wow. Malaysian customer service at its best. We went and complained to the customer service counter about this, but bottom line is we couldn’t board our flight and to be fair the airport was just newly opened at that time and at least, they acknowledged it was their fault and offered to give us free tickets to board the next available flight out to Krabi in the afternoon. So there we are, free to explore the newly opened KLIA2 for the next 4 hours. We didn’t want to go home and come back to KLIA2 again so we just decided to stay there.

So we had breakfast with my father who was the one who sent us to the airport and explored KLIA2. He then took the picture of the both of us with the plane runway as the backdrop.

After walking around for a while, we went to a wonderful massage place. We had a feel of Thailand at the massage place. It was really big. And the massage was really good. We really needed it. Had a good rest since we did not actually sleep the night before. I only started to pack after midnight. Talk about packing last minute! I slept for about 3 hours but my husband did not sleep at all since we had to leave at 4 am to the airport.

After the massage we walked about and then we had early lunch before we flew off to Krabi. The place was sooo good that I told my husband that when we come back from Krabi I would want to go there again. In fact, the next time I went to KLIA  2 I went there to eat again!

I wore a comfy dress suitable for travelling by @bondabyshai and studded shoes by @zaza_ezra.

So, despite the set back, we were determined not to let it spoil our Krabi trip. In the end it was awesome anyway. We enjoyed the few hours spent at KLIA 2 and managed to take a lot of pictures at the airport.

Next up, I am going to blog about the wonderful and super awesome hotel we stayed in!


You Might Also Like